On Friday, April 24, 2020 Governor Inslee modified his stay at home order to allow certain construction to resume. That same day, Kittitas County Health Officer Dr. Mark Larson modified the county’s stay at home order to be consistent with the Governor’s order. Therefore, Community Development Services (CDS) will begin accepting building inspection requests on Monday, April 27, 2020 and will begin conducting building inspections on Tuesday, April 28, 2020, subject to the following:
1. Inspection requests will only be accepted for construction projects with a valid building permit issued on or before March 23, 2020.
2. Inspection requests may only be submitted by telephone to (509) 962-7506. The building inspection request line and internet inspection request option are currently disabled.
3. CDS will limit the total number of inspections to 45 per day. Inspection requests received above this number will be moved to the next available day that inspections are scheduled.
4. CDS inspectors will utilize Skype or other methods utilizing technology to conduct inspections when possible.
5. CDS inspectors will conduct in-person site inspections for locations where Skype or other methods of technology are not available, but only when such sites are following the Governor’s Phase 1 Construction Restart COVID-19 Job Site Requirements. CDS inspectors may require contractors to clear the job site prior to inspections. CDS inspectors will refuse to conduct inspections on any site that is not being maintained in accordance with the safety standards.
6. The CDS office will remain closed to the public. Applications may continue to be submitted by email, mail, or by drop box as previously established.
We look forward to once again assisting you with your construction projects. Thank you for your patience as we resume building inspections.